Day Trip from Zagreb │ Private │ Full Day │ From $80
Visit Lonjsko Polje, the largest nature park in Central Croatia and one of the largest European preserved wetlands located in the valley of the river Sava. Whether you enjoy bird watching or like spending time in the pristine nature, you will find that Lonjsko Polje is an amazing place! In the company of your English-speaking driver take an hour drive from Zagreb through the single street villages alongside the windy river bank to this beautiful stretch of seasonally flooded wetland knows as Lonjsko polje. Meet you expert local guide and tour the enchanting villages with fairy tale timber-built houses and most famous of all – nesting storks. Village of Cigoc, in particular, was declared in 1994 to be the first European Village of Storks. Stork habitually build their nests on the roofs of the lovely timber built village houses. We are sure that you will also enjoy the Croatian stork love story that everyone has lately been talking about! Admire the oak forests covered in water lilies, and learn more about 250 bird species including small birds and different types of duck. The area’s oak forests and pastures are also home to the Posavlje horse (Posavski konj), a stocky, semi-wild breed, and the spotty-hided Turopolje pig (Turopoljska svinja), which lives off acorns. Lonjsko polje villages are known and have more of the nineteenth-century wooden architecture than any other region in Croatia.
Enjoy lunch of local specialties in the area, continue exploring this fascinating area, and return back to Zagreb.
- The departure and pick up is from accommodation in Zagreb or Zagreb area; hotels, private accommodations, port or other, as the day trip is private.
- We suggest to start at 9 AM or 10 AM, every day of the week. However, if you would like to start later, please let us know as this is a private tour just for you and your travel companion and we can adjust it all according to your preferences.
- Flexible. This is a full day trip, usually from 9 AM until 5 PM, but we can return earlier if you wish since this is a private tour.
- Drop off is at the accommodation in Zagreb or Zagreb area where the guests are staying or any specific drop off point in and around Zagreb.
- Private transfers in the comfortable air conditioned vehicle with English-speaking driver
- Professional English speaking local guide
- COMPLIMENTARY food tasting in the local restaurant
- Food & drinks
- Anything else not mentioned in inclusion